Q & A with Joaquin Najarro
A shoe addict with a love for the 90's and an appreciation of J's, Joaquin Najarro from RWF in Lakewood, California shares how he makes his look what he calls "sweet and tasty."
1. Q: Where do you find inspiration in personal style from?
JN: Some of my inspiration comes from social media like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. I like to see what people are wearing with their new kicks. A lot of my inspiration comes from things I wore as a kid in the 90's. I take that and age it like a fine wine by adding a nice button up or a v-neck. I obviously don't want to dress like me at 10. Fire Red 5's were my first Jordans as a kid. I remember wearing those til my toes came out. Since then Jordans and I like peanut butter and jelly, sweet and tasty.
2. Q: It's date night. What's your go to outfit?
ND: Well since I'm approaching thirty like Jay-Z says "Give me a crisp pair of jeans, and a button up." If my wife says "What are you wearing?" I know I got it right!
3. Q: Desert island scenario. You're stranded. Assume you have basic necessities like food, water and shelter. Name the top three things you can't live without:
ND: I couldn't live without my 3's, my 4's and my 5's collections.
4. Q: How would you describe your style?
ND: I always start from the feet up. If my shoes are tight, everything's all right.
5. Q: Favorite place to shop for clothes and accessories to go with your RWF shoes?
ND: My favorite places to shop are Forever 21, H&M, Express and other places where they sell nice clothes for plus sized models.
6. Q: What trend do you wish would disappear forever?
ND: I would like to delete SWAG from the dictionary. I'll be happy if I never see another fox tail and snapback.
7. Q: Must-have style item for summer?
ND: Its always a nice summer day if your wearing a Jordan Retro, 1-14 only please.